Can PowerQuery...

tazeo

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
So I have PowerQuery cleaning some data and splitting it into different work groups. Works a treat, saves me mucho time and effort. But I am now getting greedy and want to push it further.

Can I get PQ to:
  1. Split this into different workbooks instead of worksheets. That is rather than, say, 10 worksheets in a workbook, can it make 10 workbooks of one worksheet?
  2. Can I also get it to create a PivotTable and PivotChart from these worksheets?
Have tried to use a VBA Macro to do it, but I can't get it to do all the steps.

Any other thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Hi,

If you need to explode your workbook and have a separate workbook for each worksheet, a macro can easily handle this situation :

Upvote 0
Thanks
I can get my version of the macro (though the one you have posted is much cleaner) to work, it starts going buggy for me when i try to get it to make a pivot table and chart.
I will have a go, and see if this code is a better starting point.

Upvote 0
Hi,

If you need to explode your workbook and have a separate workbook for each worksheet, a macro can easily handle this situation :

So by the looks of it, getting the extra steps to work is beyond my skill level. errors, so many errors :eek:

Where is a good place I can put what I want for a macro and get someone to show me the right coding? Tried chatGPT, and it works, but fails me when the errors start.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Two possibilities :
1. You want to learn and fix it yourself:
2. Post your entire code in you next message, there are plenty of contributors who will fix it for you ...
:)

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
championbowler

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back