Cannot find option to "disable hardware acceleration"

dejhantulip

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey everyone,

I recently fresh installed my OS and Excel. I have not been able to find the option that used to be in Options->Advanced->Display to turn off Hardware Acceleration. Anyone knows where I can find it or disable hardware acceleration for Excel or Office only (maybe in the registry?

Here are my new Excel Options under Display:

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
File>Options>Advanced
Scroll to the Display section and check the box to the left of Disable hardware graphics acceleration.
Click the OK button.

Upvote 0
A bit odd as it is in my version of 365

1628234608912.png

Upvote 0
The only thing I can think of is that the option is no longer there since the new updated layout of Office 365 which came about a week ago.

If anyone can propose another way to disable the hardware acceleration I will greatly appreciate lt. Thanks!

ORLANDO

Upvote 0
The only thing I can think of is that the option is no longer there since the new updated layout of Office 365 which came about a week ago.
I'm on the new layout and on the Insider version, I would try doing an Office repair.
Also what is your exact version number so we can see if anyone has the exact same version, hopefully then we can see if it is a general issue with that version.

Upvote 0
I think you are correct - it seems to have disappeared from all the Office apps for me. Do you actually have a problem with your display currently?

Upvote 0
I think you are correct - it seems to have disappeared from all the Office apps for me. Do you actually have a problem with your display currently?
Sluggish and slow performance on my scrolling and all-around navigation on some spreadsheets. Last time I fixed that problem with the disabling of Hardware Acceleration.

Seemed strange to me as I have a Lenovo laptop with killer specs and a Quadro graphics card... but disabling hw accelerarion did the trick for me and now I cant find a way to disable it :(

Upvote 0
Sluggish and slow performance on my scrolling and all-around navigation on some spreadsheets. Last time I fixed that problem with the disabling of Hardware Acceleration.

Seemed strange to me as I have a Lenovo laptop with killer specs and a Quadro graphics card... but disabling hw accelerarion did the trick for me and now I cant find a way to disable it :(
However @MARK858 still has it. Anyway, try if the link I provided that shows how to disable in registry work. I'm not using 365 though :)

Upvote 0
FWIW I'm on version 2108 Build 14326.20004

Edit: just updated to 2109 Build 14329.20000 and the option is still missing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ipruravindra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back