Cannot jump to "ActiveCell' because it is hidden error

liferg

Board Regular
I am really hoping that someone can help with me my problem. I am not excel savvy with macro, but I can record a macro and get it to do what I need to do. I keep getting this message when I run my macro, click debug and then right click on the yellow highlighted error. A pivot table has been created based off of some information on another tab, however outside out the table I want to include a formula. This works on mine, but when I have copied this macro over to someone else this is where it freaks out at. I am not sure how much of the macro to copy and hope that I am copying enough for someone to assist me.

Sheets("Sheet9").Select</SPAN>
Cells(3, 1).Select</SPAN>
With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("PO#")</SPAN>
.Orientation = xlRowField</SPAN>
.Position = 1</SPAN>
End With</SPAN>
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").AddDataField ActiveSheet.PivotTables( _</SPAN>
"PivotTable1").PivotFields("TCSTDIF1"), "Sum of TCSTDIF1", xlSum</SPAN>
With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("IOSUPR")</SPAN>
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("IOSUPR").Subtotals = Array( _</SPAN>
False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False)</SPAN>
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("IOSUPR").LayoutForm = _</SPAN>
xlTabular</SPAN>
With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("ISVNNO")</SPAN>
.Position = 2</SPAN>
End With</SPAN>
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("ISVNNO").Subtotals = Array( _</SPAN>
False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False)</SPAN>
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("ISVNNO").LayoutForm = _</SPAN>
xlTabular</SPAN>
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("PO#").Subtotals = Array( _</SPAN>
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("PO#").LayoutForm = _</SPAN>
xlTabular</SPAN>
.Position = 2</SPAN>
Range("E4").Select</SPAN>
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _</SPAN></SPAN>
"=IF(AND(RC[-3]<>RC[-2],RC[-1]=0),""CHECK PO MANUALLY(BILLED PER PO)"",IF(AND(RC[-3]<>RC[-2],RC[-1]>-100,RC[-1]<100),""CHECK PO MANUALLY(UNDER TOL)"",IF(AND(RC[-3]<>RC[-2],RC[-1]<-100),""CHECK PO MANUALLY(UNDER TOL)"",IF(AND(RC[-3]<>RC[-2],RC[-1]<-100),""CHECK PO MANUALLY(CB@PE)"",IF(AND(RC[-3]<>RC[-2],RC[-1]>100),""CHECK PO MANUALLY(BILLED LESS)"",IF(RC[-1]=0,""BILLED PER PO"",IF(AND(RC[-1]>-100,RC[-1]<100),""UNDER TOL"",IF(RC[-1]<-100,""CB@PE"",IF(RC[-1]>100,""BILLED LESS"","""")))))))))"
</SPAN></SPAN>
Range("E4").Select</SPAN>
Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("E4:E1700")</SPAN>

<v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600">We used your code and it still highlights but does not provide me with an error. I am trying to attach a snap shot of the VBA screen shot, but this forum is not allowing me to do it.

</v:shapetype>
<v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600">Range("E4").FormulaR1C1 = _
</SPAN>
"=IF(AND(RC[-3]<>RC[-2],RC[-1]=0),""CHECK PO MANUALLY(BILLED PER PO)"",IF(AND(RC[-3]<>RC[-2],RC[-1]>-100,RC[-1]<100),""CHECK PO MANUALLY(UNDER TOL)"",IF(AND(RC[-3]<>RC[-2],RC[-1]<-100),""CHECK PO MANUALLY(UNDER TOL)"",IF(AND(RC[-3]<>RC[-2],RC[-1]<-100),""CHECK PO MANUALLY(CB@PE)"",IF(AND(RC[-3]<>RC[-2],RC[-1]>100),""CHECK PO MANUALLY(BILLED LESS)"",IF(RC[-1]=0,""BILLED PER PO"",IF(AND(RC[-1]>-100,RC[-1]<100),""UNDER TOL"",IF(RC[-1]<-100,""CB@PE"",IF(RC[-1]>100,""BILLED LESS"","""")))))))))"
</SPAN></SPAN>
</v:shapetype><v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"></v:shapetype></SPAN>

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
When we run the macro, prompts us with some options, so we usually select "debug". It then opens up VBA and when this opens it goes to the above code and it's highlighted in yellow. Normally I can right click on it and it tells me what the error is, but this time when I use the code you gave me, it is not giving me the error. But the code I referenced above is where it's getting stuck.

Upvote 0
There must be an error...
When we run the macro, prompts us with some options, so we usually select "debug".
On that prompt, before you select Debug, there must be 'something' written in that dialogue window.

Upvote 0
The only error that prompts before that is:

Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error

And this is where we select "debug"

Upvote 0
That means there is something wrong with your formula. The most likely cause is that they have a version of Excel prior to Excel 2007 (as I said at the outset).

Upvote 0
Or even if they have xl2007+, they could be opening it in compatibility mode.

Add this line to the code, and what is the message box result - when it is run on the problematic machine.

MsgBox Rows.Count

Upvote 0
I put the code before the range and we get the following message:

Compile error: Invalid qualifier

I also noticed that when he opens his excel, he gets a message that says his personal file is locked for editing, and it's not in use. Could this be the reason for the original error message that I was receiving?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sameri

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back