Capture and track changes

TG2812

Board Regular
Sorry but I have not got an access to these platforms. I will attempt to express the requirements herebelow.
Basically what I'm trying to attempt can be summarized in the below chart:

ReferenceCountryProduct RangeWarehouseProduction monthPrevious QuantityNew QuantityChangesBalance
Peanut134SAZGermanyFoodCologneMar-19264
Butter23GermanyFoodCologneMar-1931-22
Toast98YTGermanyFoodCologneMar-1931-20
Pasta34ZSWUKFoodLondonApr-19105-55

<tbody>
</tbody>

Requirements;

#1: The remaining balance for a given country, product range, warehouse and production month always need to be equal to 0.
Example: I increase my production of Peanut134SAZ by 4 in March. I need to reduce the Butter23 by 2 and Toast98YT by 2. My remaining balance equals 0 as the surplus created by Butter134SAZ has been taken out from other references.

#2:
The remaining balance for a given country, product range, warehouse and production month does not equal to 0.
Example: I reduce the production of Pasta34SW by 5 in April. I consequently need to increase my production on other products during April to bring my remaining balance down to 0. A message should appear to the user before closing workbook if remaining balance for a particular product is not equal to 0.Note:Production will be impacted in worksheet "Main". Changes will be listed under sheet "Tracking". If we could depart from the code pasted above, this would be great. I believe a few line of codes should be added but I'm not knowledgeable enough to carry on by my own.

Ideally once the tracking table is complete and the user finishes completing all necessary adjustments, it would be nice to this table via Outlook (just the email window with table copied).Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
This is the VBA code I came up with so far and that would require some adjustments with above requirements. Being beginner in VBA i need help.

'Global variables
Dim oldAddress As String
Dim oldValue As String

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
On Error GoTo err
Dim sSheetName As String
sSheetName = "Main"

If ActiveSheet.name <> Tracking Then 'need to capture that occur in sheet "Main" only -> how can i adjust the code?
Application.EnableEvents = False

Sheets("Tracking").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Value = Range("A" & Target.Row).Value
Sheets("Tracking").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(0, 1).Value = Range("B" & Target.Row).Value
Sheets("Tracking").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(0, 2).Value = Range("C" & Target.Row).Value
Sheets("Tracking").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(0, 3).Value = Range("D" & Target.Row).Value
Sheets("Tracking").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(0, 4).Value = oldValue
Sheets("Tracking").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(0, 5).Value = Target.Value
Sheets("Tracking").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(0, 6).Value = Environ("username")
Sheets("Tracking").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(0, 7).Value = Now
Sheets("Tracking").Hyperlinks.Add anchor:=Sheets("Tracking").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(0, 8), Address:="", SubAddress:="'" & sSheetName & "'!" & oldAddress, TextToDisplay:=oldAddress
End If

err:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
On Error GoTo err
oldValue = Target.Value
oldAddress = Target.Address

err:
End Sub

Upvote 0
Any idea to the adjustments i have to make to the code? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all in advance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back