Cells not correctly calculating on certain computers

wpryan

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All, I have a bit of a head scratcher. I distributed an Excel file for use in the field, with the worksheets locked to protect the formulas. This file is being used by probably dozens of people without problem - except for two persons. One has the German OS on his computer, the other the Italian OS. Both computers run Windows 7 with Office 2010. A repeating formula in range E31:E40 looks like this:
Code:
=IF(ISBLANK(D34),"",IF(OR(D34<<c34-b34,d34>C34-B34,D34><c34-b34,d34>C34+B34</c34-b34,d34>),"Fail","Pass"))<c33-b33,d33>
With the computers showing the problem, the get a #Value error. What is strange, is that when one of the files was returned to me, I saw the error. I unlocked the worksheet to check the formula, and when the sheet unlocked, the cells calculated correctly. After that, I could not repeat the problem. I offered to go online with teamviewer, to check their Excel installations, but to be honest, I don't know what to check - other than the default regional settings for decimal places in Windows (e.g. comma or period).

...any suggestions?</c33-b33,d33></c34-b34,d34>

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
ISBLANK in German is ISTLEER and in Italian VAL.VUOTO

Upvote 0
Hello, and thanks for your reply. There are other fields in the form that have the ISBLANK in the formula, and are working fine...

Upvote 0
What is in the cells? are they dates?
You state that they are using Italian and Germans OS but what is the OS where you are based (this is the main reason for having the location option on the users profile - which most decide not to fill in)?

Upvote 0
Hi Mark, thanks for your reply. The cells are numbers formatted to 3 decimal places. The form is based on English version of Excel and Windows. I'll update my profile, thanks for the gentle reminder :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HellScout

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back