Changing which cells are summed based on date

OllyP123

Hi, I hope someone can help me!

I have a workbook to keep track of my finances - I've set one sheet to total up my regular outgoings, and take it off what I earned that particular month. I have another that I put all my purchases in to, which tallies up how much I've spent in a particular week, and takes that off my budget for that week, showing me how much I have left.

However, I would also like a cell to tell me at a glance how much I have left to be taken out by my regular outgoings, based on the date. For example, say a payment goes out on the 22nd, how much is left to come out over the rest of the month - kind of like a money 'countdown'.

Is this possible, and if so, can some one help me with the formula please? The task is made more difficult (I assume) because of when I get paid - I get paid on the 20th of each month, so my wage has to split practically over two months.

I hope that was all understandable, if someone needs clarification on anything though, I'd be more than happy to do so!

Thanks

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back