LeeQRS

Hi All. I need to create a chart that shows the differences in attitude to 5 statements amongst 2 different audiences all on the same chart. Assuming we are going to use a stacked bar.

1) There are 2 different audiences Male & Female so they need to show in the labels on the left.
2) There are 5 statements so the statement label should show to the left of male and female.
3) It is a 5 point scale which can show in the legend.

Any ideas?

Thanks Everyone!

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Upvote 0
First attempt, a suggestion for you to try:

DBrlBsc.png

Image also posted at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ti5am2kje79nlxm/likert_first_attempt.png?dl=0

I combined "Question 1" and "Male" into one cell, the two text strings are separated by 6 spaces. Ditto for "Question 2" and "Male". This gave the best axis labeling, to my eye.

The blank row between populated rows creates the separation between question sets.

I selected all six rows and eleven columns, and chose 100% Stacked Bar from the Insert tab. I then brought up the right-click chart context menu, chose "Select Data..." and pressed the "Switch Row/Column" button. The rest was just formatting.

You're on your own for color choices—I'm not happy with these colors but it separates male and female. The "Neutral" color is the same for all the stacked bars.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikijon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back