Check boxes, select dropdown option?

MOB

Bear with me as this is not my forte with Excel!

I am composing a simple excel sheet for users to complete, I have started using check boxes but what I need is if a user ticks a box, they have to select an option from a list, and the response is populated in a cell somewhere.

I know how to use data validation, and that is the kind of thing I am looking for, but can it combine with check boxes? Or is there a much better way to achieve this?

TIA

Akuini

Office Version
Platform
Windows
I suggest you use checkboxes & a combobox, not a data validation.
or
two comboboxes, without checkbox.

Could you upload a sample workbook to a free site such as dropbox.com & then put the link here?
And please explain in more detail what you're trying to do.

MOB

As my new post was locked (apologies) here is what I am trying to achieve;

I'm trying to figure out the best approach for this task;

- user selects yes or no from a dropdown (or a check box would be nicer visually)
- if user selects no, nothing happens
- if user selects yes, a further 4 "questions" need answering, the possible answers should be from dropdowns not free text
- the results of these 4 questions should appear in 4 cells to the right somewhere (location not that important)

I started with data validation, then a check box but I cant figure out how to address the further 4 questions/responses.

Is this going to have to be a VBA solution?

TIA

Akuini

Office Version
Platform
Windows
It's hard for me to understand without seeing a sample workbook.
Could you upload your sample workbook to a free site such as dropbox.com & then put the link here?
Please insert the checkbox & data validation & some data as example. And show us the result as expected.

Is this going to have to be a VBA solution?
I'm not sure yet.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frog9000

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics