Co-Authoring Issues - Sharepoint & Macros

didless

Good evening all,
I am looking into rolling out a sharepoint adoption at our company, using the co-authoring capabilities of Excel 2016 with OneDrive/Sharepoint to enable sharing of macro-enabled workbooks with userforms etc (at last we can do this!)
I am however hitting a snag with worksheet_change events. I have some of these which I use to detect when values are entered in certain columns and then they will automatically populate other columns with data (such as current user, today's date etc).
I have managed to get to a point where if 2 users are signed in at the same time and one user enters data in one column (triggering the change event and therefore adding data in another column), this gets updated to the cloud and the 2nd user sees an update for the initial data that is entered (the one that triggered the event) but then nothing more is updated (the additional data that was inputted by the change event), although this appears OK on the 1st user's version. The workbook for the 2nd user will then generally stop updating and the 'Refresh' button appears at the top, saying that there is a more recent version uploaded to the cloud. The 2nd user then has to click this to close and reopen the workbook to see the same version as the 1st user.
I am also getting the same issue if any text is added into the workbook from a userform.
Does anyone know of any way to make this work? If you need any further clarification on what I'm talking about please feel free to ask!

Thanks
Dave

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back