Combine multi tab event attendance data into one worksheet

YellowTangerine

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hello, I need to combine into one worksheet names of delegates who have attended training events. There will be a tab for each event with a list of delegate names. In several cases delegates have attended several events and in other cases only a specific event. I need to create a master worksheet with an alpha list of all delegates in the last 5 years showing which training event they attended.

I am no expert on Excel, but wondered if someone might be able to advise me on how best to achieve this?

Here's how I have set up the master worksheet and the data for each event will be in the tabs (shown at the bottom of the pic): There will eventually be a total of 35 events (columns on the master worksheet). The delegate name will appear once in column A and the columns for each event simply need an Y added for attending the event.

Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 20.48.07.png

Sorry, the more recent workbook is HERE. It uses checkmarks. Let me know if it does what is needed.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
I resolved the issue of blank workbook. Am still trying to get the code to work.

Upvote 0
It occurred to me that instead of Y indicating attendance that it would be more elegant to use a check mark. I also centered the character. If that sounds good then replace

VBA Code:
'                   Put Y into the cell for the name found for the Event.
                    rAnchorCellConsolidated.Offset(iName, iEventColumnNumber) = "Y"

With this

VBA Code:
'                   Put check mark into the cell for the name found for the Event. Center it.
                    With rAnchorCellConsolidated.Offset(iName, iEventColumnNumber)
                        .VerticalAlignment = xlCenter
                        .HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
                        .Value = "ü"
                        .Font.Name = "Wingdings"
                    End With
Where do I insert this code please?

Upvote 0
Sorry, the more recent workbook is HERE. It uses checkmarks. Let me know if it does what is needed.
Yes, this is good. Thank you. I have run the code, but not all columns are populating and some names appear along the rows correctly and others in random places. the first column is alphabetically listed. The check marks will be fine if they correctly link to the names so for now I can see using the code where the name is carried across that this is not working. I don't want to use up anymore of your time. I think I shall have to do this all manually. I am every so grateful for your support. Thank you.

Upvote 0
All code is in the workbook. You do not need to add any code to another workbook. See the most recent workbook HERE. It does what you asked for, for me at least! I'm happy to get it to work correctly.

Might you provide a link to the workbook giving you grief?

Upvote 0
I ran a few of the codes and either they error or I get this showing..... The last but one code shows like this

Book5
ABCDEF
2event 1event 2event 3event 4event 5
3Name AName AName AName A
4Name BName BName B
5Name CName CName CName CName CName C
6Name EName E
7Name FName F
8Name GName GName G
Consolidated Data

Hi @YellowTangerine, You may re-run the code that i posted above post#11

Are you using in MacOs Version Currently? If Yes Please import dictionary.cls into class module in order to access dictionary in MacOS as the step below:

click source code zip
1685799199285.png

1685799131949.png

1687670604700.png

1685799172630.png

After imported dictionary.cls into class module,

Right Click Consolidated Data - sheets -> View Code -> Paste below code

VBA Code:
Option Explicit
Sub Test()
On Error Resume Next
Dim i%, m%, n%, j%, k%
Dim a As Variant
Dim t As Variant
Dim t2 As Variant
Dim dict as new dictionary
dict.Comparemode = vbTextCompare
ReDim b(1 To 5000, 1 To 6)

m = 1
For i = 2 To Worksheets.Count
        With Sheets(i)
           a = .Range("a2:A" & .Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row).Value
            j = j + 1
           b(1, j + 1) = Sheets(i).Name

For k = 1 To UBound(a, 1)

If Not dict.exists(a(k, 1)) Then
                    m = m + 1
                    n = m
                     dict.Add a(k, 1), n
                     b(n, 1) = a(k, 1)
                 Else
                    n = dict.Item(a(k, 1))
                 End If

b(n, j + 1) = a(k, 1)
           Next k

End With
Next i

Sheets("Consolidated Data").Select
[a2].Resize(m, Worksheets.Count).Value = b
[a2].Resize(m, Worksheets.Count).Sort Range("a3"), order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes

End Sub

Upvote 1
Solution
Hello again. I am really grateful for your support. I will try this on another project next time it comes round, which will be in a few months. I am running a MAC and that is likely the cause of the issue, so I am going to save this and follow the instructions you have kindly posted above. I will have more time to look at this more closely than. I am looking forward to being able to automate this. I will get back to you to let you know how I get on. Huge thanks once again.

Upvote 0
Hello again. I am really grateful for your support. I will try this on another project next time it comes round, which will be in a few months. I am running a MAC and that is likely the cause of the issue, so I am going to save this and follow the instructions you have kindly posted above. I will have more time to look at this more closely than. I am looking forward to being able to automate this. I will get back to you to let you know how I get on. Huge thanks once again.

Glad to assist, If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask/share with us :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back