ComboBox Linking to multiple cells in column

Davemw429

Help! I have gotten to a point of partial success (much to the thanks of subscribers to this forum!) but am now stumped. I need to have a single combobox pull values from a very large term list (>40,000), and place selections in a single column in sequential cells (eg, B1, B2, B3, etc..). With the following code (credit to Ingolf and MickG) I am able to get the list to popluate cells in a column. However, I cannot seem to find the proper attributes to control the auto selection of items in list. I do want the autocomplete feature so the user can quickly navigate this huge list, but as soon as i start typing, it starts populating terms into the growing list. I would like to have the user actually select the item. Any ideas would be welcome!

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Dim Rng As Range
With Sheets("Listing")
Set Rng = .Range(.Range("A1"), .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
ComboBox1.ListFillRange = vbNullString
ComboBox1.List = Rng.Value
ComboBox1.ListIndex = 0
End With
End Sub
Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
Dim Lst As Long
Lst = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
Lst = Lst + IIf(Cells(Lst, "B") <> "", 1, 0)
Cells(Lst, "B") = ComboBox1.Value
End Sub

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Thanks to those who have commented previously and gotten me to a point of partial success with the ComboBox. However, I have a critical functionality barrier and really need someone to help me get over the limitation of the code I posted previously. How do I allow the auto-word search/complete function to work (to help navigate a huge items list) WITHOUT inserting every letter match?? How do I tell the Combobox that a user must either CLICK or hit ENTER to actually pull a term off the list from which the combobox refers to? MANY THANKS to anyone who can help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dizze90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back