Compare 2 VBA projects

secoo140

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello friends,

I am doing various updates on more than one "workbook". I forget some of the updates I made when it came to order.

Is there an application that compares "workbooks" to prevent this?

vba page is quite limited, i can't even open two codes side by side on the same page. What is your suggestion?

Thank you

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
I do this all the time. There is nothing I'm aware of that is specific to excel, but there are a number of very good text comparison tools you can use for this. Personally I like Beyond Compare. The general method is to create two folders, one for each workbook. Then export the code modules to their respective folders. Now you can use the text comparison tool.

Upvote 0
I do this all the time. There is nothing I'm aware of that is specific to excel, but there are a number of very good text comparison tools you can use for this. Personally I like Beyond Compare. The general method is to create two folders, one for each workbook. Then export the code modules to their respective folders. Now you can use the text comparison tool.

is there any excel extractor? or you are doing everything manually?

Upvote 0
Define "excel extractor"

Let's define it as follows: A tool divides our existing Excel VBA file into a text file. It saves each module and form separately as a text file. In this way, we comfortably control this data with comparison applications.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back