Complex Excel Vlookup or Other Solutions Welcome

hscott82

Hello, I am trying to create a solution to point out employees on a spreadsheet that need to be researched for hours processing. When they have over 40 hours they go on a spreadsheet we have to look at their worked location and hours columns.

I was thinking either a Vlookup or maybe even a Conditional Formatting that will highlight the Differences.

First, I need to look at their Base Rate (Column J) on Sheet 1, compare to their REG1 (out of other codes) Column N on Sheet 2 to see if they have a higher Rate paid in Column P; their could be multiple values.

Next I need to compare their Home Location (Column E) on Sheet 1 to their worked location on Sheet 2 (Column U).

I have images if it helps!

As I mentioned in the previous post, the images are very small and cannot be seen.
It would help if your explanation is accompanied with sample data. That is to say:
- to look up the Employee - 12345, (number 12345 must be clearly seen in the sheet)
And so you continue with the whole explanation: description - data.

You can try uploading a range of excel sheet:

Upload an excel range:
XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Look Up Employee ID (B2), Home (D2) and Base (I2) all on "Research" tab compare to "Orig" Tab
Employee ID (C), Work Location (U) and Rate (P) and show if there is a difference...Employees on Orig tab are not always on the same line.

Upvote 0
I help you with the images.
Assuming you have your data like this on each sheet. In cell L2 I put a formula, I hope that works for you.

Book1
ABDILM
1Employee IDHomeBaseResult
Research
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
L2L2=COUNTIFS(Orig!$C$2:C$20,B2,Orig!$U$2:$U$20,D2,Orig!$P$2:$P$20,I2)

Book1
ABCPUV
1SW#RateWork
Orig

----------------------------------------------------
If your data is not like that, then let's start with those examples, tell me what data I change for which other data and I am updating the formula.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back