Complex IF, AND, OR and Networkdays

craig80

Board Regular
hello All,

I have become very dandy at a few functions of late. However one that always eludes me is networkdays. I just can't get it. I realised after lots of trial and error, you cant incorroprate ranges that relate to more than one value.

The below is a formula that sits in a larger IF statement. I am trying to assess the record against various criteria, but just can't seem to get what i want from it.

IF(AND(OR(DueDate=today-1,DueDate=today-2),ActualDate=""),"Admin Must be completed",....

I need to incorporate network days into the "Today-x" i have tried all sorts of variations.

...and(or(duedate=today-1, (networkdays(duedate, today, holidays)<>1)),(duedate=today-1, (networkdays(duedate, today, holidays)<>2))....

I would like to see this result returned for two network days after the due date. (which is always a network day).

If anyone can see it from a differnt approach, I am all ears... or if someone can help on the formulas above... even better.

Thanks you.

Craig

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Shouldn't you be comparing DueDate to some date offset from today using the WORKDAY function?

Upvote 0
Maybe something on the lines of

=lookup(today()-duedate,{0,2,x},{"","Admin must be completed","Some other message"})

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,

thanks for getting back to me. In the end i went for the Workday. I used it against a smaller data set, then factored in ranges.

I used this because i didn't want my sheet calculating work day, 1000's of times.

New formula looks something like... (i have left it on work machine!)

IF(AND(OR(DueDate=Minus1,DueDate=Minus1),ActualDate=""),"Admin Must be completed"

ranges.

=workday(today(),-1,Holidays)
=workday(today(),-2,Holidays)
etc...

Thanks for the lead folks.

Craig

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snowinx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back