Conditional formatting in a Gantt chart?

Blueseashell3

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I'm trying to make a fancy automated Gantt chart type thing for my team to use for keeping track of our projects without having to fill in the cells by hand. I have it mostly covered, however my main last snag is that I want to be able to do some manual formatting on the cells that will override the conditional formatting (without removing the formatting first). For example, I'd like to (if a due date shifts becuase of delays or whatnot) put a thick border of some color around the cell of the original due date in the Gantt's bar.

I was also asked to add a functionality where you can change the color of a previously 'on-track' task to yellow or red on+after the date where it went off the rails, which would be nice; I can't even begin to imagine how I might format that conditional rule without having to add a few extra columns, which would make it unwieldy. If anyone might have a solution here that would be really helpful too!

-Blueseashell3

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Hi all,

I'm trying to make a fancy automated Gantt chart type thing for my team to use for keeping track of our projects without having to fill in the cells by hand. I have it mostly covered, however my main last snag is that I want to be able to do some manual formatting on the cells that will override the conditional formatting (without removing the formatting first). For example, I'd like to (if a due date shifts becuase of delays or whatnot) put a thick border of some color around the cell of the original due date in the Gantt's bar.

I was also asked to add a functionality where you can change the color of a previously 'on-track' task to yellow or red on+after the date where it went off the rails, which would be nice; I can't even begin to imagine how I might format that conditional rule without having to add a few extra columns, which would make it unwieldy. If anyone might have a solution here that would be really helpful too!

-Blueseashell3
Have you got a screenshot of what you have already done. Trying to picture how you have set it up might help get you a solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back