conditional formatting not working properly

raffexpat

I have used conditional formatting on an entire column to check a formula. The formula used is "if format is=W9=(P9-E9-Q9)" then format font red. It works for some cells but not others. When I check the same result using =if(W9=(P9-E9-Q9),"OK","Error". It does the same thing. I shows OK for some and notfor others. If I then check the results manually I get the right results for the entire column and it all checks out. With the first option I highlighted all the cells but removed absolute references and for the second method I copied and pasted.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Have you checked that the numbers are exactly the same. I've suggested it twice and you haven't responded

Upvote 0
Cell C7 states "1/(A2-A1-1) Expect the answer to be 7". Formula is actually =1/(+A5-A4-1)
Results in A4, A5 & A6 are correct, i.e. = 1/7, 9/7 & 8/7 respectively.

Upvote 0
My apologies for the details typed into cells C6 and C7. I then insereted a few rows and didn't change the comments. Thanks sbeatton.

Raffexpat - have you tried it yet?

Upvote 0
My apologies for the details typed into cells C6 and C7. I then insereted a few rows and didn't change the comments. Thanks sbeatton.

Raffexpat - have you tried it yet?

I am not sure what happened here but it seems to work now without doing a thing. please take a look. sorry to waste your time

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back