Conditional Formatting With color variation output

Ali Atwi

I have three columns that contain data.
Column A, Column B, and Column C.
Now if data for a certain column is invalid, it will contain text as follows: "N/A".
I want to color code the variation existing for the the three columns.
For example:
If on row 3, 3A contains data, 3B contains data, but 3C contains N/A, i want the color of all three cells to be blue (not text color but fill color).
If on row 4, 4A contains N/A, 4B contains N/A, and 4C contains data, I want the color of all three cells to be yellow.
and the rest of the variations as well (5A contains Data, 5B contains N/A, and 5C contains data then all three green etc... etc..)
Of course logically the condition is strictly related to the N/A, and the rest of the data can contain text and numbers if it is not N/A.
Can the color coding be placed in RGB format as well? or can I create a cell with the fill color desired as a reference (in other words a legend that I can refer to when color coding the sheet)?

Thank you, I hope I was clear enough.

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Hello,

Highlight the data in the three columns, then add the conditional formatting details:-

Condition 1 =$A3="N/A" then format yellow
Condition 2 =$B3="N/A" then format green
Condition 3 =$C3="N/A" then format blue

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I didn't know how to input the conditions. I'm using Excel 2007 on windows 7, sorry I didn't say that earlier.
I want the color to be for all three cells on the same row.
Budget 1 FC2 FC
Budget1 FC2 FCPresent in all 3
CountryCustomerMaDelivery TimeMa2Delivery Time3Ma3Delivery Time2Present in Budget Only XX
United StatesCustomer 1500Jul-13123May-13123May-13Present in Budget and 1 FC X
United KingdomCustomer 235Sep-133424Mar-133424Jul-13Present in 1 FC and 2 FCX
ArgentinaCustomer 3 N/A432Jun-13432May-13Present in 1 FC onlyX X
LimaCustomer 4 N/A234Jun-13234Aug-13Present in 2 FC onlyXX
Bla blaCustomer 5 N/A N/A123Oct-13Total
XXCustomer 6 N/A N/A3424Oct-13
United StatesCustomer 7 N/A43Jun-13432N/A
United KingdomCustomer 8 N/A123Jun-13234N/A
ArgentinaCustomer 9123Oct-13 N/A123N/A

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

For instance in this case for customer 1, the July-13, May-13, and May-13 would be of lets say the color green, and these three relative cells would be of the same color for customer 2, however not for Customer 9 because of the 2 N/A present.

Upvote 0
I solved it. Thank you anyway. Just reordering the conditions in the Conditional formatting did the trick. I just had to use the =AND(...) as well as the one you posted. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Hello All,

I have a similar dilemma. I have a spreadsheet where there are 50 columns of data and 50 rows of data. I would like to have all cells indicating the "#N/A" result turn black so it is easy to pull out of the data. As I am using Excel2013 the conditional formatting procedure seems different. I am also trying to avoid having to alter the formulas manually as 50 * 50 = 2500 formulas to change.

Any help is appreciated.

Ty

Upvote 0
Hello All,

I have a similar dilemma. I have a spreadsheet where there are 50 columns of data and 50 rows of data. I would like to have all cells indicating the "#N/A" result turn black so it is easy to pull out of the data. As I am using Excel2013 the conditional formatting procedure seems different. I am also trying to avoid having to alter the formulas manually as 50 * 50 = 2500 formulas to change.

Any help is appreciated.

Ty

I do not know about Excel 2013 and how its conditional formatting might work. but i think you can pace="#N/A" in the rule and the conditino will follow.

if you can send the file or upload a sample and tell me what it is exactly you are trrying to do then i can help you out.

Upvote 0
I do not know about Excel 2013 and how its conditional formatting might work. but i think you can pace="#N/A" in the rule and the conditino will follow.

if you can send the file or upload a sample and tell me what it is exactly you are trrying to do then i can help you out.

Hey Ali Atwi,

Thanks. You were right. There was a rule specifically for the #N/A. Thank you for your help. Sorry I didn't get back to you right away. I forgot what website I posted this particular question on.

later

Ty

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerifiedBleachersAttendee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back