Connect 2 Sheets to bring back and forth interchangeable data

screenpower

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

This might be a bit complicated to explain but I will do my best. I created a tool to forecast what is needed to buy each month (U14:U25) based on Part # in cell B2. In short, every time I type a new Part # in cell B2, it automatically gives me my desired data (taken from other sheets) in order for me to manually input values in cells U14:U25. I would like to be able to save the entered values in cells U14:U25 for each individual Part # in a Sheet called "Saved" and bring them back and forth when changing cell B2 value.

For example in image 1, I entered manually "25000" in cell U17 and "7000" in cell U18 based on the data pulled from B2 being "ISO002total".

Then in Image 2, when I want to examine B2 = "EDR004total", my manually input U14:U25 stays the same as before, I then need to delete those values and enter new ones based on the data pulled from B2 being "EDR004total".

Now I think the solution for this is to store each manually input U14:U25 based on their respective Part # (B2) into another sheet called "Saved", see Image 3. And then once I switch between my Part # in B2, it automatically makes the connection with my data saved in my "Saved" sheet to fill U14:U25 based on what I last entered for that specific B2.

Let me know if this is possible please or if there are any other ways to do so. Thank you !

Attachments

• Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Image 2.png
    Image 2.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Image 3.png
    Image 3.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 5

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back