Consolidating some fields from Daily sheets to Monthly and then yearly sheets in a single work book

krishco68

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear Expert,
Please look into this problem and suggest me the solution.
In a workbook, I have opened 31 sheets and Renamed them Date wise, In the daily sheet I have entered some figures and Consolidated some files in a Consolidated Sheet and named the workbook month-wise. then for the next month, I am clearing the entire daily data sheets and renaming the file with the month name. Now I am saving this file month-wise in a folder and then I am consolidating all these monthly sheets manually in a Yearly sheet month-wise.
Now I need all these things in a single file.

Please go through the attached images for your kind reference, I am unable to attach the file. Even if I clear the daily sheet the data should be there in the month-wise consolidated sheet. then all the monthly data should be consolidated into another yearly sheet.

Please help me in this regard,

Regards,
Murali Krishna R.

(originally posted in Excel forum here: I want to consolidate the monthly data into Yearly in a single work book.)

Attachments

• Daily Sheet Screen shot.jpg
    Daily Sheet Screen shot.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Month Wise Consolidated Sheet.jpg
    Month Wise Consolidated Sheet.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
@krishco68 I have gone through the previous post. @awoohaw and @Joe4 are correct that to consolidate your data we need better tools for data analysis.

But greater challenge is the kind of data structure you have, if I may point. As I can see that you have upgraded the version of excel but not explored the potential of it. You are still using the data structure that we used some 15-20 yrs back where and when things were done manually. Some day you have to choose and shift to new data structure to explore the potential. I can tell as I also went through this transition.

I come to this forum not just to get solution or help others. When I see people asking different problems, I realise what kind of power and potential we have got in our hands with Excel.

Go through some data analysis videos, then you shall realise that you need to improve with data structure first to consolidate or analyse.

First change your data structure - Make it look like a table. Rest is data analysis - be it daily, monthly or yearly - Just few clicks away.

Hope it helps.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chestertim

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back