Convert a Pivot Table Extract to table

drewg

Board Regular
hi list;
i had a master pivot table from which i 'copyd values' to create different triangle reports. Once the extracts were made, edits were applied.
Now i want to save the finished work back into table format, the way it would look if i double clicked on the last cell (grand total) of the pivot table. The problem is that since the report was extracted from its source ptable, it doesnt behave that way because its just a copy, not a live ptable.
How can i convert the edited reports back into dense columns and rows (like the source of the original ptable they came from?)

thanks very much for your help

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Are you saying that you cannot create a pivot table from your edited extract?
Or do you just want to convert it to a "List" (Excel 2003) or "Table" (Excel 2007/2010)?

Upvote 0
i want to convert the edited report into a dense table.
The structure of the report has dates on rows and dates on columns, so if a payment is made in the month service was rendered, its filled, as time goes by, less and less money is attributed to the old incurred month, so its shaped like this
Paid on columns
incurred on rows
j f m a m j j
j x x x x x x x
f 0 x x x x x x x
m 0 0 x x x x x x x x
a 0 0 0 x x x x x x x x
m 0 0 0 0 x x x x x x x x
j
which doesnt lend itself to a table...i want to transform it back into a dense table like this
incurred month paid month amount
j j 100
j f 50
j m 10
the pivot table has region and type as well, so i want to get the five columns into a table again, just like drill to details would do if i clicked on the grand total column of the live pivot table.
thanks very much

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i got out of this by naming each column yyyymm and each row after its concatenation of region,type and date, and made a table out of that.
Once i had it in that shape i brought it into sql and unpivoted it into region, type, amount, incurreddate and paiddate.
so its possible but ugly.
the point is that i can save the annotated results.
thanks very much
drew

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nic0la

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back