copy data from a number of sheets but avoid others in to Master sheet and then remove duplicates in master

novice_at_VBA

Firstly i apologise if this has been answered before but i am getting myself more confused the more i look.

I am trying to set a macro / vba up to copy data from about 74 sheets and paste into a sheet called "Master", the problem i have is that i have a number of other sheets I do not want to obtain data from, these are "Summary sheet", "individual Monthly data", "individual continued", "YTD Data Sheet" & "Hidden data"

The sheets i want to copy from may or may not have data in them and the amount of rows can vary so i want something that looks until a blank row if that makes sense? The data will appear on row 7 (if there is any data) and i need to copy Cell B7 and C7 on the row and any below but if blank no copy needed. (both cells can contain mixed data text&numbers)

The other piece of help needed would be to remove the duplicates in the master sheet once data has been obtained.

I found some coding and tried to alter it but clearly it will not do what i need at the moment (in master sheet I would like data in column A & B with a header

Sub CombineData()Dim Sht As Worksheet
For Each Sht In ActiveSheet.Worksheets
If Sht.Name <> "Master" And Sht.Range("b7").Value <> "" Then
ActiveSheet.Select
Lastrow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row
Range("B7", Cells(Lastrow, "C")).Copy
Sheets("Master").Select
Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
ActiveSheet.Next.Select

Thank you in advance

Total Novice

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Hi & welcome to the board.
Give this a go
Code:
Sub CopyShtsData()

Dim Arr As Variant
    Dim Sht As Worksheet
    Dim UsdRws As Long

Arr = Array("[COLOR=#ff0000]Summary sheet[/COLOR]", "[COLOR=#ff0000]individual Monthly data[/COLOR]", "[COLOR=#ff0000]individual continued[/COLOR]", "[COLOR=#ff0000]Master[/COLOR]", "[COLOR=#ff0000]YTD Data Sheet[/COLOR]", "[COLOR=#ff0000]Hidden data[/COLOR]")
    With Sheets("Master")
        .Range("A1").Value = "Header1"
        .Range("B1").Value = "Header2"
    End With
    For Each Sht In Worksheets
        If Not UBound(Filter(Arr, Sht.Name, True)) >= 0 Then
            UsdRws = Sht.Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
            If UsdRws > 7 Then
                Sht.Range("B7:C" & UsdRws).Copy Sheets("Master").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
            End If
        End If
    Next Sht

End Sub
Bearing in mind that the sheet names to exclude (in red) must be spelt exactly right, including correct case.

Upvote 0
Forgot the part about duplicates.
If you had data as in Col A, would you expect the result shown in Col B, or Col C

Excel 2013 32 bit
ABC
1ExcelExcelExcel
2VBAVBAFluff
3FluffFluff
4VBA
Site

Upvote 0
Fluff,

Thanks for this, I wasn't expecting such a quick response. Do you mind giving me some additional information just so I can get my head around how you have worked it,
1. Dim Arr As Variant - does this mean if I add new sheets at a later date and I want them excluded all I do is add the sheet name and do not need to alter anything else?
2. Dim UsdRws As Long - what is this and what is meant by long?
3. If Not UBound - what is Ubound and how does it work?
If you don't get time to answer don't worry.
Thanks again

Upvote 0
Fluff,

Thanks for this, I wasn't expecting such a quick response. Do you mind giving me some additional information just so I can get my head around how you have worked it,
1. Dim Arr As Variant - does this mean if I add new sheets at a later date and I want them excluded all I do is add the sheet name and do not need to alter anything else? Yes that's right, as long as you enter them in the same style.
2. Dim UsdRws As Long - what is this and what is meant by long? This simply declares the variable UsdRws & specifies that it is of the Long integer type. (UsdRws is the same as Lastrow that you used in your code, just a different naming convention)
3. If Not UBound - what is Ubound and how does it work? it stands for Upper Bound (the upper limit in an array) If the sheet name is in the array (ie one of those to be excluded) then Ubound will return a value >=0 so that sheet gets ignored

See here for more about variables & declaring them
http://www.excelfunctions.net/VBA-Variables-And-Constants.html
HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJFabEngineering

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back