Copy GetPivotData Formula or Find Pivot Field Name ?

weaverjohn

Hi Gang:

I've run afoul again and need some assistance. Here is the issue:
Our DP folks assign agreements a unique ID number in the database. When I set up a pivot table What I see is the actual agreement number (as i understand it the 'label') and not the ID number. As an example agreement Apple1 might have a Unique ID of 456789E7. In some way I need to grab the key via vba so that I can query other element on the same agreement that are in other pivot tables.

If I copy a cell in Excel here is the getpivotdata formula I get:

Code:
=GETPIVOTDATA("[Measures].[Funds]",$A$3,"[Time]","[Time].[Accounting Month].&[2010]&[1]","[Agreement].[Agreement]","[Agreement].[Agreement].[Agreement Num].&[4.59953E5]")

Notice the last bit of the agreement Number '&[4,59953E5]" - it isn't really the acutal agreement number it's some sort of key.

Here is what I've tried so far in VBA:

Code:
  DAUnCost.Cells(16, 2).Formula = DAUnCost.Cells(11, 2).Formula
  DAUnCost.Cells(17, 2).Formula = "=B11"
  DAUnCost.Cells(18, 2).Value = DAUnCost.PivotTables("pvtUncosted").DataFields(5).PivotItems(1)
  DAUnCost.Cells(11, 3).Select
  DAUnCost.Cells(18, 2).Value = ActiveCell.PivotCell.ColumnItems(3).Name

16,2 is just the field value from the pivot table - doesn't do me any good.
17,2 is just the value of the cell again.
The remainder don't really work.

I am looping through the pivot table looking for some specific conditions. I know the row number of the data. If I could get the field value for the agreement number I could manage it from there. If I could use VBA to simply generate the GetPivotData statement I could strip what I needed from the resulting formula and manage it (although the first method is preferred)

Vlookup isn't a solid method becuase the dataset in the other tables may not match the first table (date ranges could be different and drill down could be different (showing weeks not months). So GetPivotData is methods of choice since I can get very specific about the period and know what is being returned is the correct value and that if the field isn't shown I'll get an error.

So . . . Is there a way to get the agreement key knowing the row number the data is on? Is there a way to get where I need to be in a manner that I haven't thought of?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

JW

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maxkapoor

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back