copy hyperlinks to new workbook

samidodger

Basically ive got a workbook (savings mth 4) with hyperlinks to excel files (which are called GW3 forms), when I copy the hyperlinks to another file (savings mth 5)it says Cannot open the Specified File. If I copy and use "paste as hyperlink", it links to the Savings mth 4 and not the orginal files which are the GW3 forms.

Is there a way of simply copying a hyperlink over to a new WB and keeping everything the same, so when I use the hyperlink in the new file (savings mth 5) I get the GW3 form?

btw the list in savings mth 4 is not in order in clumn D there is a filter, displaying non blanks, showing all the rows with a hyperlink in it.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Have you tried to open mth5 from within mth4 and then copy links?
Other way wudl be copy the whole mth4 sheet to mth5 workbook and the try to copy links to mth5 worksheet

Upvote 0
Im not sure what you mean from the first one, do you mean - Im in mth 4, i open mth 5 and then copy the links over? tried this doesnt work.
I also tried your other suggestion to copy the work sheet over to mth 5 and then copy the links across, even tried Paste as hyperlink - didnt work again.

Appreciate your time though.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back