Copy/Paste Values based on different criteria using a VBA

Trains R Us

Hoping someone can help with some good VBA code.

Situation: I have three columns: This Period. Last Period Cumulative. This Period Cumulative. I have set up my spreadsheet so that the user will only need to input "This Period" values. However, I want the spreadsheet to automatically update the Last Period Cumulative column. I was hoping someone could help with a VBA to solve this. Also, the user may submit once per month, but at any time during a certain month.

Possible solution: Copy values based on a dated cell being within a date range (Begin/End of Month) in worksheet 1 and paste the values (values only) into worksheet 2 based on a corresponding monthly column. Then I can put a conditional formula in the "Last Period Cumulative" column that calculates based on the last monthly submission data that will be in worksheet 2.

Why: This could be easily done by manually transferring the "This Period Cumulative" from the previous workbook to the current workbook's "Last Period Cumulative" column. However, Given a number of line items, the complexity of worksheets, and human error, I'd like to use math instead of humans for calculating to reduce errors.

Thanks in advance Excel Geniuses.

Best.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingwi11y

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back