Copy values from another workbook based on div. criteria

baloghlimited

[FONT=&quot]Hi,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am looking for a VBA solution for the following problematic:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have one Master file and want to collect data from about 20 different excel workbooks (slave workbooks). The Master file consists of the following 13 sheets: "Home", "Jan 2018 Overview", "Feb 2018 Overview" , ... , "Dec 2018 Overview". The slave workbooks include always the following sheets: "Jan 18", "Feb 18", ... , "Dec 18" and further 3 sheets which are not relevant now. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Each of the relevant 12 sheets of the Slave workbooks includes in their cells "A38" to max. "A1200" different projects ("Project A", "Project B", etc.).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the Master file's "Home" sheet I would like to list up (define) max. 10 different projects: "Project X", "Project Y", etc. Furthermore, I have a dropdown on the "Home" sheet with the following possibilities: "Jan 2018", "Feb 2018", ..., "Dec 2018". If a month (e.g. "Jan 2018") is selected from the Drop-down and I push a button on the "Home" sheet I would like to list automatically all the rows from all the 20 slaves' "Jan 2018" sheets where one of the 10 pre-defined project is standing in the column A (A38:A1200) into the Master file "Jan 2018 Overview" sheet starting from the 2nd row. Based on the drop down selection I would like to have the possibility for this automatical summary for the other months as well .[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Target would be not to open all the slaves (is it possible wothout opening them copying values?) - I think it will be faster and even what I think is that the solution is easyer with Autofilter function instead of loops.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Unfortunately I can't find a working solution I hope you could support me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I appreciate your help.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Marcell[/FONT]

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back