Copy Wrksheet range in VBA consolidation

michellebenton2012

Hi,

I am working on a marco and have a few kinks I need to work through. So far I am able to copy all the sheets I want to into one sheet. I am not trying to copy only certain columns from those sheets as well as apply an autofilter to copy only to rows that are "Active".

here is my code:

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
'Consolidates data from the range B6:Q2215 for every tab except the one it's part of.
Dim wrkSheet As Worksheet
Dim rngCopy As Range
Dim lngPasteRow As Long
Dim strConsTab As String

strConsTab = ActiveSheet.Name 'Consolidation sheet tab name based on active tab.

If Sheets(strConsTab).Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row >= 2 Then
If MsgBox("Do you want to clear the existing consolidated data in """ & strConsTab & """", vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Data Consolidation Editor") = vbYes Then
Sheets(strConsTab).Range("B6:Q" & Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row).ClearContents
End If
End If

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For Each wrkSheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets

If wrkSheet.Name <> strConsTab And wrkSheet.Name <> "Inactive" And wrkSheet.Name <> "Head Count" And wrkSheet.Name <> "Colombia" And wrkSheet.Name <> "China JV" And wrkSheet.Name <> "Sustain" And wrkSheet.Name <> "AMS" Then

Set rngCopy = wrkSheet.Range("B:B, E:E, G:J,L:L, N:N, Q:Q, R:R")

lngPasteRow = Sheets(strConsTab).Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row + 1
rngCopy.Copy Sheets(strConsTab).Range("B" & lngPasteRow)
Application.CutCopyMode = False

End If

Next

End Sub

The red area above designated the columns I want to copy over. It says the copy are and paste area are not the same size and highlights this code:rngCopy.Copy Sheets(strConsTab).Range("B" & lngPasteRow)

I am still not even sure how to use the auto filters to filter on column 8 criteria = "A"

Please help thanks!

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Try something like this...

Code:
[color=darkblue]Private[/color] [color=darkblue]Sub[/color] Worksheet_Activate()
    [color=green]'Consolidates data from the range B6:Q2215 for every tab except the one it's part of.[/color]
    [color=darkblue]Dim[/color] ws [color=darkblue]As[/color] Worksheet
    [color=darkblue]Dim[/color] LastRow [color=darkblue]As[/color] [color=darkblue]Long[/color]

[color=darkblue]If[/color] Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row >= 2 [color=darkblue]Then[/color]
        [color=darkblue]If[/color] MsgBox("Do you want to clear the existing consolidated data in """ & Me.Name & """", vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Data Consolidation Editor") = vbYes [color=darkblue]Then[/color]
            Range("B6:Q" & Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row).ClearContents
        [color=darkblue]End[/color] [color=darkblue]If[/color]

Application.ScreenUpdating = [color=darkblue]False[/color]
    [color=darkblue]For[/color] [color=darkblue]Each[/color] ws [color=darkblue]In[/color] Worksheets

[color=darkblue]If[/color] InStr("Inactive|Head Count|Colombia|China JV|Sustain|AMS|" & Me.Name, ws.Name) = 0 [color=darkblue]Then[/color]

LastRow = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
            [color=darkblue]If[/color] IsNumeric(Application.Match("A", ws.Range("H2:H" & LastRow), 0)) [color=darkblue]Then[/color]
                ws.Range("A1:H" & LastRow).AutoFilter 8, "A"
                Intersect(ws.Range("A2:R" & LastRow), ws.Range("B:B,E:E,G:J,L:L,N:N,Q:Q,R:R")).Copy _
                    Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
                ws.AutoFilterMode = [color=darkblue]False[/color]

[color=darkblue]Next[/color]
    Application.ScreenUpdating = [color=darkblue]True[/color]

[color=darkblue]End[/color] [color=darkblue]Sub[/color]

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thanks for your response, however the first time i tried using the code it copied over blank cells. the second time I messed with it it said"
LastRow = wrkSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "B6").End(xlUp).Row
If IsNumeric(Application.Match("A", wrkSheet.Range("L2:L" & LastRow), 0)) Then
wrkSheet.Range("A1:L" & LastRow).AutoFilter 12, "A""
-application definied or object defined error. column H has three options "I, F, or A" I need to copy over only the A rows to the consolidated worksheet. I also need to only copy the columns B,E, G, J, L. N. Q, R (The wrksheets have the same headings/cell placement on each page and starts on B6)

PLEASE HELP :)

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
'Consolidates data from the range B6:Q2215 for every tab except the one it's part of.
Dim wrkSheet As Worksheet
Dim rngCopy As Range
Dim lngPasteRow As Long
Dim strConsTab As String

strConsTab = ActiveSheet.Name 'Consolidation sheet tab name based on active tab.

If Sheets(strConsTab).Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row >= 2 Then
If MsgBox("Do you want to clear the existing consolidated data in """ & strConsTab & """", vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Data Consolidation Editor") = vbYes Then
Sheets(strConsTab).Range("B6:Q" & Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row).ClearContents
End If
End If

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For Each wrkSheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets

If InStr("Inactive|Head Count|Colombia|China JV|Sustain|AMS|" & ActiveSheet.Name, wrkSheet.Name) = 0 Then

LastRow = wrkSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "B6").End(xlUp).Row
If IsNumeric(Application.Match("A", wrkSheet.Range("L2:L" & LastRow), 0)) Then
wrkSheet.Range("A1:L" & LastRow).AutoFilter 12, "A"
Intersect(wrkSheet.Range("A2:R" & LastRow), wrksheets.Range("B:B,E:E,G:J,L:L,N:N,Q:Q,R:R")).Copy _
Cells(Rows.Count, "B6").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
ws.AutoFilterMode = False
End If

End If

Next

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Upvote 0
Please surround your code with
Code:
 tags. It makes reading your code much easier. See my signature block below.

Place this code in the destination worksheet's code module. Right-click on the sheet tab and select [I]View Code[/I]. The [I]Me[/I] in the code is a VBA sheet reference to the destination worksheet.

[CODE][COLOR=darkblue]Private[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Sub[/COLOR] Worksheet_Activate()
    [COLOR=green]'Consolidates data from the range B6:Q2215 for every tab except the one it's part of.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkblue]Dim[/COLOR] ws [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] Worksheet
    [COLOR=darkblue]Dim[/COLOR] LastRow [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Long[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]If[/COLOR] Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row >= 2 [COLOR=darkblue]Then[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=darkblue]If[/COLOR] MsgBox("Do you want to clear the existing consolidated data in """ & Me.Name & """", vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Data Consolidation Editor") = vbYes [COLOR=darkblue]Then[/COLOR]
            Range("B6:Q" & Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row).ClearContents
        [COLOR=darkblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]If[/COLOR]

Application.ScreenUpdating = [COLOR=darkblue]False[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkblue]For[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Each[/COLOR] ws [COLOR=darkblue]In[/COLOR] Worksheets

[COLOR=darkblue]If[/COLOR] InStr("Inactive|Head Count|Colombia|China JV|Sustain|AMS|" & Me.Name, ws.Name) = 0 [COLOR=darkblue]Then[/COLOR]

LastRow = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row   [COLOR=green]'last used cell in column B on each worksheet[/COLOR]
            [COLOR=darkblue]If[/COLOR] LastRow > 6 [COLOR=darkblue]Then[/COLOR]
                [COLOR=darkblue]If[/COLOR] IsNumeric(Application.Match("A", ws.Range("L6:L" & LastRow), 0)) [COLOR=darkblue]Then[/COLOR]    [COLOR=green]'Test if column L has any "A" values[/COLOR]
                    ws.Range("A6:R" & LastRow).AutoFilter 12, "A"   [COLOR=green]'Autofilter column L where row 6 is the header row[/COLOR]
                    [COLOR=green]' Copy filtered values from specific columns to destination worksheet[/COLOR]
                    Intersect(ws.Range("A7:R" & LastRow), ws.Range("B:B,E:E,G:J,L:L,N:N,Q:Q,R:R")).Copy _
                        Me.Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
                    ws.AutoFilterMode = [COLOR=darkblue]False[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Next[/COLOR]
    Application.ScreenUpdating = [COLOR=darkblue]True[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Sub[/COLOR]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back