Prologys

Dear members,

I am working as a Logistic consultant and optimizing processes is a big part of my job.

I often have this issue that I need to count the number of unique values where I have a lot of data in.
For example: I have 80.000 SKU's and 5.2000.000 orderliness a year, I like to find per outbound delivery the most commen combinations or commen ground in customer behavior to optimize processes and sub processes. (sample male and female connecter always ordered together 99%).
This is always a dynamic thing because made choices always impact the next steps in the processes and sub processes.

So for example basically looking for something like count x freq. and if statement must be able to follow.

Is this possible in Excel and if yes is it complex.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Jaap

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Hello,

Just Insert a Pivot Table ...:wink:

Hope this will help

Upvote 0
Hello,

Just Insert a Pivot Table ...:wink:

Hope this will help

Hi James,
I do not see that working because it needs to be dynamic.
This piece is no for a part in the warehouse dedicated for storage of reditors.
I have different sizes from 300x400x50 mm up to 3200x600x220mm. I have different brands and about 400 different material numbers.
If I look at customers they normally order different radiators but in 95% of the cases within a "Brand" and model but different sizes.
If i start picking I need to start with the tall radiators first to get a piramid stack (to avoid restacking at staging).
The number of bins per aisle is limeted as is the number of aisles. I can get the it all in but there is not a lot of empty space.
Taken into account stock levels per material number (fast movers have a lot of full pallets in stock and slow mover have just 1 bin holding all the stock.
Picking here is done customer based and we use a pick sort sequens to sort on size during picking. Do make this work good we need to avoide aisle changes.

So I have more thatn 2 variables to take into this model.

I do not see that working by just inserting a pivot table.
Need to clear number of items per delivery, number of pieces per item, classify on A/B/C, sizes, brand and model.

Please explain to me how to do that in 1 pivot table.

Thanks,

Jaap

Upvote 0
Well ...

Pivot Tables have been designed exactly to handle what you are describing ... :wink:

especially if are dealing with 80.000 SKU's ...

Would encourage you to play with this tool ... you will be surprised by its flexibility ... :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back