CountIf without Duplicates

The_Game

I want to account for the total number of assets on hand, but there seems to be a duplicate problem I can't solve. I've got a total of 45 items under 2 customers, with 7 cells formulating for all items status/location. The current formula I'm using to count the totals is =SUM(M8,P8,P6,O6,M6+COUNTIF(E5:E49,"DL10"))-2. This is pulling from a large table, and since my formula wants to count the AWM and DL10s, its double counting items labeled with both. How can I count only one where AWM takes priority?

All cells contain formulas to count respective cells matching criteria. Table1=T1
A1
M6
O6 T1(F5:F49)
P6
T1(E5:E49)
Total (45)
INW
AWM
AWP
DL10
M8 ->
Customer 1
Customer 2
<- P8

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
no offense, but your data table doesn't make any sense to me lol I have no idea what you want so i'm not sure if this will help, but if you just want to count the number of uniques, just copy the entire column to a separate sheet and use the "remove duplicate" function (under Data>Data Tools).

Upvote 0
lol, you're fine. I was afraid I'd get a reply as such when the table cells were removed for some reason. but the M6, O6 and P6 at the top are refer to the cells below them and the formula I talked about: =SUM(M8,P8,P6,O6,M6+COUNTIF(E5:E49,"DL10"))-2. I tired updating the post, but it wont take.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol, you're fine. I was afraid I'd get a reply as such when the table cells were removed for some reason. but the M6, O6 and P6 at the top are refer to the cells below them and the formula I talked about: =SUM(M8,P8,P6,O6,M6+COUNTIF(E5:E49,"DL10"))-2. This formula is pulling from a table with column labels: INW (M6), AWM (O6), AWP (P6), and DL10. The first three are individual cells counting each match from the table, where the last is one I want to incorporate into my total (A1). The table columns AWM is (F5:F49) and DL10 is (E5:E49). But if a single item is labeled AWM and DL10, it'll count this item twice. I'd use data tools, but it doesn't apply to this total formula as its outside of the table.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePlop

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back