COUNTIFS - Data and dates between?

radioactive

Please bear with me on this one, everything I know about excel is self-taught so my knowledge is basic at best.

I have a spreadsheet which is used as a register for certain data. There are quite a few columns, but the relevant ones for my problem contain a 'BookedDate', 'Method' and 'ReportedDate'.

I've successfully written COUNTIFS formulas (using named ranges) into a separate worksheet for calculating the number of 'methods' booked and issued on a certain date, i.e. =COUNTIFS(Method,"XXXX",BookedDate,A7) with A7 being the certain date mentioned...

However, I also need to count the number of 'methods' that were not reported within a certain timeframe (the timeframe being the days elapsed between date booked and date reported. Let's say, one day for the first method.

I have tried writing this as follows (as well as a myriad of other ways, unsuccessfully!), =(COUNTIFS(Method,"XXXX",ReportedDate,A7,ReportedDate,">=1"&BookedDate))
I know I'm missing something somewhere. Or many things. Or maybe I'm over-complicating the whole thing. Perhaps what I'm trying to do is not even possible....
But if it is, I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could point me in the right direction! It seems simple enough...

To try and explain further, if I had 5 rows of the same method (XXXX) which were all booked on the 22/04/2014, where 4 methods were reported on the 23/04/2014 and one method was not reported until the 28/04/2014, then I would expect the formula to return '1'....if it helps to know, I need to calculate this for purposes of determining a 'backlog', so to speak.

I hope this makes sense!

Many thanks in advance :)

Control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=SUM(IF(I6:I100000="5.2.1",IF(C6:C100000=F17561,IF(ISNUMBER(P6:P100000-C6:C100000),(P6:P100000-C6:C100000>1)+0))))

Does this succeed?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
No, unfortunately that is not working for me either. And I cannot for the life of me understand why! :(

Control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=SUM(IF(I6:I100000="5.2.1",IF(C6:C100000=F17561,IF(ISNUMBER(P6:P100000-C6:C100000),(P6:P100000-C6:C100000>1)+0))))

Does this succeed?

Upvote 0
It's worth mentioning that the last formula does return a 0 instead of a #VALUE! error, but it is not correct as the answe should definitely be a number much higher than 0 :(

Upvote 0
It's worth mentioning that the last formula does return a 0 instead of a #VALUE! error, but it is not correct as the answe should definitely be a number much higher than 0 :(

It is just about time that you provide a small sample along with the actual result you want to see for that sample...

Upvote 0
I'm sure you're going to roll your eyes at this, but how do I go about doing that? I can see all the options for modifying tables/columns etc, but it's not clear to me how I would paste a sample portion of my register onto this post? Thanks.

Upvote 0
I'm sure you're going to roll your eyes at this, but how do I go about doing that? I can see all the options for modifying tables/columns etc, but it's not clear to me how I would paste a sample portion of my register onto this post? Thanks.

Here is a method: Borders-Copy-Paste. A small sample like the ones given earlier, but one that is illustrative/representative for your problem.

Upvote 0
Perhaps I should just succumb to failure now. Or get glasses. I cannot find any options/toggles for message editor interface and it's still a complete mess if I paste it after switching editor mode.

Would it help for me to email a modified sample perhaps? I see an option for that...

Thanks for your ongoing patience :(

Upvote 0
You could try Excel Jeanie:
Download

Or possibly upload your workbook to free file sharing site (like dropbox) and share the link here.

Upvote 0
Perhaps I should just succumb to failure now. Or get glasses. I cannot find any options/toggles for message editor interface and it's still a complete mess if I paste it after switching editor mode.

Would it help for me to email a modified sample perhaps? I see an option for that...

Thanks for your ongoing patience :(

Create (or select) a representative, small sample.
Copy the created or the selected area.
Paste the selection here.
Click on Go Advanced if available.
Click on the icon for Table Properties.
Choose Full Grid for Table Style.
Click OK.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunzwe73

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back