Counting of Conditional Formatting data

pglibra

Hello,
I am trying to count the number of instances a certain value (Company) is listed in a conditional formatted cell, where the conditions are as follows: if cell value for # of Days <4, highlight cell green; if cell value is between 4 and 9, highlight cell yellow; and if cell value >9, highlight cell red.

Company # of Days
9 110
9 110
9 0
13 6
13 2

So for this example, company 9 had 2 instances that were highlighted in red and 1 instance that was highlighted in green. Company 13 had 1 instance in yellow and 1 instance in green.
The # of Days column alre

Hope I explained it well.
Thanks

duggie33

Board Regular
I do not think you want to count the Conditional Formatting per se. I think you want to write a countif formula to check for the same conditions used in your conditional formatting. For instance a Countif for the “company equals 9 and number of days is >9”. There are a lot of references on the internet for writing Countif formulas.

Hope that helps,

Doug

Last edited:

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • find many based on a certain criteria
    good evening, I hope someone can help me? I have a workbook sheet 2 contains lots of data.... I would like to be able to find anything on sheet...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...
  • Text Format
    I have a sheet for user to keyin the data. The format of the data can be 451 / 1903, 0012 / 9908 or 00287 / 0099. The number after the "/" is...
  • Macro to copy values across rows and transposing them and add the user id
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Hi,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New...