Counting time in IF formula

Jan Kalop

How to set in formula waiting time before the command is run.
For sample
=hold on for 10 sec before IF(SUM(A1:A20)<0,"",SUM(A1:A20))

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
You can't put formulas to hold on for anything. If you change the calculation mode to Manual the formulas calculate when you press F9 or save the workbook. But even that's not timed.

With VBA you can force things to happen at certain time. This line of code waits for 10 sec before executing the next line:
Code:
[COLOR=#242729][FONT=Consolas]Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:10"))[/FONT][/COLOR]

Upvote 0
You can't put formulas to hold on for anything. If you change the calculation mode to Manual the formulas calculate when you press F9 or save the workbook. But even that's not timed.

With VBA you can force things to happen at certain time. This line of code waits for 10 sec before executing the next line:
Code:
[COLOR=#242729][FONT=Consolas]Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:10"))[/FONT][/COLOR]

Thanks, but it is not what I was expecting, because it is a bit more complicated. I run VBA "Target As Range" and I am afraid that only slow my process. I would like only the "time count" jump in, in between every VBA "Target As Range" run, which is running in a loop from appointed start date to the present. Maybe would be possible to add that function on the very end of the VBA "Target As Range" script ?, or even would be better to stop the loop and activate it with appointed key ??

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
championbowler

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back