Crazy lag on everyone's excel doc except mine

segzz

Hi guys,

This is my issue.

For 6 months I have been working on an excel document (3500 rows, 100 columns) in excel 2010.

Every month I have been sending it to my colleagues who then use it. My colleagues tell me that the most recent version has been met with slow opening speeds, lag between cells and slow to copy and paste. However it works completely fine on my end and so I did not notice.

Please help.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Welcome to the Board!

Make sure your cell format doesn't format the whole row/columns. That can bog down an excel file.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

Make sure your cell format doesn't format the whole row/columns. That can bog down an excel file.

Hey thanks for replying.

A few minutes ago I fixed it.

I copied the whole spreadsheet into a new document, by clicking paste special 'Numbers and Value Formatting'. Now my colleagues tell me the spreadsheet is a lot quicker.

Maybe you can explain why that helped?

Upvote 0
if you format a whole column or row, you are applying a format for 16,384 columns or 1,048,576 rows. Just because you don't see it, the format is still there that is why you need to watch how you format. Some people are sloppy and just click the whole column and format it specific style with a small data set. When that small data set becomes large, its easy to forget about the originall formaating.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burk0007

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back