Create a live picture of linked cells?

Will85

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Not sure how best to word this, but I have a financial dashboard with columns that are formatted width wise for other items on my dashboard, along with graphs, but I also want to include a snap shot of a PnL. The problem is my PnL column width are formatted much different than the columns of my dashboard (account descriptions, values, variances).

Is there any way to create a live image within the same workbook, that I can size similar to an image but will refresh as the cell values of my PnL (stored on another worksheet) change? That way I can put this live image on my dashboard, and not have to worry about matching columns.

Similar to inserting an excel chart, graph, or group of cells into Word or Outlook for example.

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
You could try a linked picture.

Select the cells with your PnL, then copy them. Go to the spot on your dashboard where you want it. Right click > put your cursor on the arrow right of Paste Special... > select the bottom right icon. Now you have a picture of your PnL that updates automatically. You can resize it as you want. You can even go to properties and uncheck "Lock aspect ratio" if you want so you can size it as you wish.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back