Create and display pane on side of Excel sheet

General Ledger

Dear All,

Is there a way in Excel 2003 to create and display a pane on the side of the active sheet? This would almost be like when you access Help in Excel and an additional pane opens on the side where you can search, etc. Having very little experience with User Forms, I don't know if they will do all I want.

I have a form on a sheet for users to fill in. I would like a pane to display on the right and always be visible regards of what cell is active on the sheet. Whenever the Form sheet is active, the pane should be visible.

The pane would have a few tabs across the top. Each tab would have a list to choose from to populate fields in the form (such as Vendor and City), or contain hyperlinks.

This pane would be a substitute for data validation drop down lists. I don't want to use drop down lists because the lists of items will be long and drop down lists only display a few rows at a time. Also, it is possible the item the user wants does not exist in the lists. I want to save the user time by being able to view a long lists in a pane on the side rather than scrolling through the short drop down lists window only to find the item they want does not exist.

Best regards,

GL

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
"I don't know if they will do all I want."

I think it's possible, though frought with issues. Any particular reason you need the Worksheet in view AND the form as a Pane?

If you can tell us all you want, we may be able to point you to a more normally used mode of project design.

Upvote 0
I want the Form in view and as the main element on the screen. The pane should be as a smaller element on the side. The user will navigate through the Form to complete entries. For some items, the user will able to populate cells by selecting an item from lists in the pane.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back