Create Data Validation list on worksheet 1 from named ranges on worksheet 2

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Have you tried naming the list on Worksheet 2, say "ListOfThings" and then referencing that list in your data validation cell on Worksheet 1? Once you have your named range, go to the cell you want to have a validation list, select Data Validation, Allow List, and the Source should be =ListOfThings. That should do it.

Upvote 0
SteelRyan, so I have named ranges in worksheet 1 that correspond to cell ranges that I want to incorporate into an Index formula that I am writing in worksheet 2. When I select Data Validation > List > Source I do not see the list of named ranges that I would like to have populate that list. If I understand your post correctly, do you suggest that I recreate the list on worksheet 2 that corresponds to the named ranges in worksheet 1 and then reference that re-created list in worksheet 2?

Thank you for your time, consideration, and experience.

Upvote 0
Specifically, I want to use Indirect () to grab the named range and incorporate the corresponding range of cells into a calculation on worksheet 2

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hermansoa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back