Create new supplier rows based on subcategory/category levels

COGICPENNY

The purpose is to identify EVERY possible missed commodity code a supplier should have been mapped to that falls under CATEGORY or SUBCATEGORY level. Ideally the script will only add the ones that are missing, but if it is easier to dump ALL COMMODITIES that are under the Subcategory that will be fine as well because I will pick up DUPLICATES in the original CONCATENATE field.

I need a macro that will do the following:

1. There are two TABS that have the information needed: "MSL (NO DUPS) 05182018" and "FINAL TAXONOMY (CLEAN)"
  2. In "MSL" filter on Column E (Level), to select "CATEGORY" and "SUBCATEGORY". Look at the Subcategory field in Column S (2017 Subcategory)
  3. Duplicate the row for every commodity code using the "TAXONOMY" tab, Subcategory (Column I) and Commodity Code (Column J), so that for every supplier row identified in Step 2, will have a commodity code from the TAXONOMY tab.
  4. ONLY DUPLICATE THE ROW for columns E-AK in the "MSL" tab because I need to manually add the Update Type (Column B) to say ("New") and date field (Column C) to say ("05/24/2018"), unless the macro can do that too, otherwise leave it blank.
  5. The updated master file is on my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MAq4MBX00XOjrJfxeViadYHrScIPTf0I

Thank you sooooo much!
    Penny

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncguzzo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back