Custom button fonts look weird in Excel 2003 only

9tanstaafl9

I have a report I did a few years ago in Excel 2003, which works fine in 2003 and current versions of Excel except for one thing, the fonts look weird on all the custom buttons whenever I open it up in 2003. If I open the exact same report in a newer version of Excel without saving it first, the custom buttons look fine. If I open that same report in 2003 first, save it, then open it up in Excel 2007, then the buttons are screwy. They font looks squarish and smooshed together like it doesn't fit.

Any idea what I can do about this? And there is no recovering from it short of deleting the buttons totally, and this is a problem as there are lots of them. I have to customized the report for many clients, and since i HATE the ribbon, I prefer to work in the older version of Excel, then just save it in the newer version for the client, but that won't work with the button issue causing problems.

Any suggestions? I suppose it may have something to do with the fact that I'm working off a Mac using RDP to work remotely on a windows server, but that doesn't really make sense as to why it worked just fine six months ago, nor why it works fine when I open it up directly in the newer version of Excel without saving it first and there is no font problem at all.

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back