Custom Calculation in Grand Total in pivot tables

yossis

Hi,

I created a macro which creates a pivot table.
jm2hz99fn
a screenshot is attached (or the URL to the image is View image: screen)

My problem is that i need the Sum of CPL totals to not do the actual totals but rather a custom calculation.

CPL refers to Spending divided by Registration. For example, the CPL for the cell A72 is 336.31 because Spending is 336.31 and the amount of Registrations is 1. so 336.31/1 equals 336.31. Ignition One is the name of a website where Spending is how much money i spent on advertising on this website and Registrations are the amount of users who registered from my ads. As you can see the grand total for spending for Ignition One is 3141.33 and the number of registrations is 9 (which is really bad but anyway:) As i mentioned the CPL=spending/registrations which is in our case 3141.33/9=349.03.

Instead the grand total for CPL just sums up all intermediary CPLs per smaller units like individual ads etc.

Is there any way to make grand totals not sum (and not average) but actually do the calculation (CPL=spending/registrations)?

Thank you!

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
I forgot to mention that I'm using Windows 7, Excel 2013 but the solution has to be compatible with Excel 2010.

Upvote 0
On the Options tab under PivotTable Tools on the Ribbon click Fields, Items & Sets and choose Calculated Field. There you can use the formula:

=Spending /Registration

Upvote 0
By the way, can you use excel functions inside calculated fields (e.g. round, iferror etc.)? I have to admit i already tried and it didn't work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back