Custom Ribbon Combobox - Limit Display

bs0d

Is there a way to limit the display of combobox items in the Ribbon? Or if I have 1,000 items- will it will show a list the height of my screen with a scrollbar?

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
I created a list of 50 ribbon combobox items to test this. Using Excel 2016, I count 34 dropdown list items displayed to the user, with a scrollbar for the rest. This dropdown list height does not change relative to the Excel document window size. For instance, you can make your Excel document 1/2 the height of your screen, and the Ribbon combobox will still display a list of 34 items, extending beyond the document window.

It would be nice to have some control of this, for instance if you had a list of 100 items, but you only wanted to display the first 10 to the user, requiring the use of the scrollbar to view the remaining items. This way the list doesn't temporarily obstruct the contents of your document.

Is anyone familiar with such settings for a Ribbon combobox? Or experience working with this, alternative solution ideas? Bigger picture, I'm trying to get ActiveXObjects off my sheet's and into the Ribbon, where possible. Maybe I should keep comboboxes on the sheet? Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back