data analysis in Excel -help needed

ExcelNewbe

Hi everyone
I am in a bit of a pickle with some data i need to analyse. I have run an employee experience survey and have a spreadsheet with the info. Now i am trying to figure out how to analyse one part and i think i need extra brains!

So i have 11 factors that make up our employee experience (leadership, development, physical space etc) and i have asked staff a series of questions (using a ranking from 1-10) for each of these 11 categories. I then calculated the average for each of these 11 categories.

I also had a question that asked staff to rank the 11 categories in order of importance - now the tool i used only let staff rank the top 5. So i have this data.

What i would like to do is do an overlay of the 11 categories and how important they are. So essentially saying overall leadership got 60% satisfaction, development got 40% satisfaction, physical space got 30% satisfaction...and then compare that with the importance given to these same categories..so we might say:
leadership got 60% satisfaction and it's in the top 5 with 80% of staff saying it's important to them, development got 40% satisfaction and 75% of staff saying it's important to them, physical space got 30% satisfaction and 10% of staff saying it's important to them.
Is there a way i can overlay this data onto a graph? i am just not sure how to do that because it seems i am not comparing apples to apples.

hope this makes sense!
thank you

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back