Data Entry Forms

Sutek

Hello all,
this is fairly basic stuff, so please be patient with me, as i am really new to this and keen to learn.
I have a spreadsheet, worksheet or whatever its best title is, which has a list of customers and details for each. I can enter data onto this sheet easily, however, I want to make it idiot proof (yep my business partner knows less about spreadsheets than i do). I want to be able to enter all the data, for a particular customer and their job, from a form. I also want this form to be permanently visible, in fact it would be better if the form was the only thing my partner could see (to remove the temptation to play with the spreadsheet).
So my questions are these:
How do i create a permanent form to enter the data? and can i get it to automatically show up, as at least the first screen?
I have more than 32 columns of data (not all of which, has to be populated from a form) Excel keeps telling me i have to many fields for a form.
Can i split the data up and have it all reference back to each other? e.g. have several forms that populate one sheet with different sets of data. Such as, one form for customer details and another for their jobs and yet another for their remaining jobs.
I've included the data as it appears in my spreadsheet.
Any advice on my best course of action would be appreciated
thanking you all in advance
Cheers
Cal
REFDateFirst NameSurnameTitleStreet AddressSuburbStatePostcodeJob DescriptionDescription 1Quantity 1Unit Price 1Cost 1 Description 2Quantity 2Unit Price 2Cost 2Description 3Quantity 3Unit Price 3Cost 3Description 4Quantity 4Unit Price 4Cost 4 Description 5Quantity 5Unit Price 5Cost 5 Description 6Quantity 6Unit Price 6Cost 6Description 7Quantity 7Unit Price 7Cost 7Description 8Quantity 8Unit Price 8Cost 8Description 9Quantity 9Unit Price 9Cost 9Description 10Quantity 10Unit Price 10Cost 10 SubtotalGSTTotal
THOGE16-January-2015GeoffreyBurnsMrblahWavel HeightsQld4012Storm Damage RepairsRepair of broken leadlight panes in four(4) leadlight panels and one(1) door leadlight9$0$0Site Preperation1 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00$0$0$0
HOOLJ21-January-2015LJHOOKER blahWooloowinQld4030Storm Damage RepairsRelead of damaged leadlight panel, including replacing broken panes. Damage too extensive for onsite repair1$0$0Site preparation and removal of leadlight1$$Installation1$0$0Lead Handling1$0$0 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00$0$0$0
GRILY21-January-2015LynBakerMsblahRed HillQld4059Storm Damage RepairsReleadl centre leadlight panel due to extensive storm damage1$0$0Relead RHS leadlight panel due to extensive storm damage1$$Clean and Polish LHS leadlight panel 1$0$0Site preparation and leadlight removal1$0$0Installation of all leadlights2$0$0Lead Handling1$0$0Cost of Scaffolding to remove leadlights1 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00$00
DESEL16-January-2015ElizabethJonesMsblahSouth BrisbaneQld4101Storm Damage RepairsSite preparation and removal of leadlight1$0$0relead damaged leadlight1$$rebuild damaged areas on leadlight1$Installation2$0$0Lead Handling Fee1$0$0 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00$00
MATSA27-January-2015SallySmithMsblahHighgate HillQld4101Storm Damage RepairsSite preparation and removal of leadlight1$0$0Relead damagedmain leadlight door panel1$$Relead damaged secondary leadlight panels2$0$0Installation 3$0$0Lead Handling Fee1$0$0 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00$0$0
MATSA27-January-2015SallySmithMsblahHighgate HillQld4101Storm Damage RepairsOnsite repairs of broken leadlight panes4$0$0Site Preperation1$0$0 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00$0$0

<colgroup><col><col><col span="3"><col><col><col><col><col><col><col span="3"><col><col><col><col><col><col span="3"><col><col span="3"><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col span="3"><col><col span="3"><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col span="4"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Also just a note, it is very basic stuff but something like this would be easier for you to read a guide and "do it yourself" with own naming conventions as opposed to someone "doing it all for you", that way if something goes wrong for a userform like that it'll be easier for you to have an idea what happened.

Give updates how you're getting on, and let me know. If you're really stuck I can make the userform for you and code it up.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help mate. I had a look at the link and its spot on what i was looking for. I'll work through the tutorials and modify them as needed. I was looking to do this all myself, for control, as well as getting familiar with all this.

Upvote 0
No problems man, that tutorial will set you up nicely, and as its all handmade you can make it look at pretty as you like :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyko

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back