date choice

pastorkc

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Is there a way in access either by query or report to have the user select a date range before the query is run? For example the user wants to run a report for a specific fiscal year.

You cannot place an ORDER BY clause in each part of the Union Query; it is only allowed at the very end on the entire collection of data.
When using ORDER BY, you can use field index instead of field name, which I finds seems to work better with Union queries.

Sort "ORDER BY 8" means "sort by the 8th field".

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Oh that makes sense. I think I have just been looking at this to much and got overwhelmed. Thank you again.

Upvote 0
The learning curve on Access is very steep. If you jump into too quickly, you can easily program yourself into a corner.
My first database project in Access was an utter disaster, and after 3 months I had to scrap what I had and start over.

I HIGHLY recommend that in addition to learning the ins-and-outs of Access, make sure you have a good understanding of the aspects of Relational Databases, especially the Rules of Normalization.
If you do not set up your data tables according to the Rules of Normalization, you are going to eventually find that seemingly simple tasks become difficult and cumbersome and/or the database won't be very dynamic.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bes000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back