Datepicker deletion

mmmreece

Hi. I have a spreadsheet that I use on my phone, my laptop and several other computers. It's basically portable. The problem I have is that if the datepicker isn't present on a particular machine, Office 365 removes it. This means that when I go back to a machine that has datepicker installed it's been removed from my sheet. Is there some code that can prevent this happening?

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
This post lists some alternatives to the now defunct datepicker:

Upvote 0
I've created a UserForm to simulate the DatePicker calendar control. Tested on Office 365. Sample spreadsheet shows how the UserForm can be used to enter a date into the active cell OR used within another userform. Enjoy.

CalendarForm.xlsm

Attachments

• VBA DatePicker Userform.GIF
    VBA DatePicker Userform.GIF
    53.3 KB · Views: 20
Upvote 0
Thanks. Would've replied quicker but both Win 10 machines died on me the last few months so only just got one back. It wasn't a case of wanting to replace the datepicker but more of a method of detecting that the datepicker wasn't present on that computer and a routine to stop Excel automatically deleting it from all my forms when I try and load the spreadsheet on one of the computers that does have datepicker on.
The question's a bit mute now though as I had so many problems with Office 365 messing up with the autosave online thing that I only run the spreadsheet on one computer now and have written an autosave macro on so that you're no longer limited by the rather daft idea of "only autosave to cloud" being available.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back