DCount Function

tjs310

I currently have a function in place where I search a data source for items containing a certain date with 2 sets of parameters. For example, find 8/23/2012 in the "completed" column "=DCOUNT(Cases!1:1048576,"completed",C10:C11)" where C10 contains "completed" and C11 contains "8/23/2012". How change I change this formula to return a value from a different column from the same row and sum them. For example, find all 8/23/2012 items in the "completed" column, then find the value in the "x" column of the same row and total them.

Thanks,
</SPAN>

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
That sums up the cell I am searching for. I want the function to sum the amount of a cell in a different column in the sale row. For example, search for all 8/23/2012 values in column x. Once found, sum up all the values in column y of the same rows.

Upvote 0
....find all 8/23/2012 items in the "completed" column, then find the value in the "x" column of the same row and total them...

The formula should do what you want if you leave C10 as "completed".

If you use my suggestion, i.e.

=DSUM(Cases!1:1048576,"x",C10:C11)

then that will sum the column named ("x" in this case) based on the C11 criteria found in the column named in C10....so C10 shouldn't match the column named in the formula otherwise it does as you suggest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back