deduping, formatting and counting the dupes

kensavage

I have a need to dedupe a keyword list in Excel 2010.

Easy enough.

But some of the keywords have "" in them. First off how can I remove the quotes from every cell in a column?

Then when I goto dedupe I need to count how many times a keyword was found to be a duplicate.

The keyword list is over 55,000 rows long.

Thanks for any help!

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
To remove all quotation marks, select the entire column, then Ctrl-H will bring up the "Find/Replace" window. Make sure you're on the "Replace" tab. In the "FindWhat line enter " and leave the ReplaceWith line blank. Then click "ReplaceAll"

To count the dups, select your keyword column, then on the Insert Tab click Pivot Table (on far left of the Insert ribbon). In the CreatePivotTable box that appears, click OK. Drag your col header in the Pivot Table Field List (on the right side of the screen) to both the Row Labels box and the Values box . If it doesn't say "Count of...." in the Values box, left click it and then left click ValueFieldSettings and select "Count" and then click OK. Now on the left side of the screen is the number of times each keyword is duplicated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franquie518

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back