Delete all Changes

whichrtmej

Hi,
I have a project where when the user enters the excel file a userform is displayed to them where they enter their username and passowrd, for lotus notes, in order to continue. They then go to another userform where they enter information then click ok and are taken to a spreadsheet where the information they previously enter is displayed to them in certian fields that are locked and can't be edited. They can then enter some text in 2-3 fields, select check boxes, then they can either "Draw" on the form or insert an image into the specified field. Once they are happy with the way the document looks the click a "Send" button and the document is sent as an email.

Everything works great but every time they need to create a new document they have to exit out of the file, which is does not save on exit, then come back in to a clean sheet and enter new information. Not very user friendly. What I want is for them to be able to click a button and everything they drew and or typed into the form is deleted and they are taken back to the second userform and re-enter the new info then go back to the spreadsheet to create the new document.

Is there a way to track all changes to the sheet and delete them on the click of a button? Or can I exit the document and reopen it on the click of a button?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Roland

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Hello

What is your userform coding? By default, if you load and unload a userform, it comes up as blank. No information in the textboxes, no selections in checkboxes/radio buttons/comboboxes, and so on.
So what do you do, such that this isn't the case for you?

Upvote 0
Hello

What is your userform coding? By default, if you load and unload a userform, it comes up as blank. No information in the textboxes, no selections in checkboxes/radio buttons/comboboxes, and so on.
So what do you do, such that this isn't the case for you?

I do not unload either form at the moment I just hide them. I plan on unloading the username and password form and hiding the values in a hidden sheet for later retrieval when the second form is cleared of its values, done by vba, and re-opend or un hidden. This method was fine but now my supervisor wants to use this form 90% of the time and it is not user friendly having to exit the file then reopen it 20- 30 times a day. As a user I would get rather miffed having to reopen it all the time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qh017

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back