Dependent dropdownlist on Excel table with subheaders

BURTPRI

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everybody! This is my first time posting a thread and I really hope someone here can help me quick enough.
I have the following "table" (in quotes bc I couldn't format as an actual Excel table) that brings 3 identical subheaders categories (ADDRESS, EMPLOYEES and EMPLOEMAILS) to each header (the Company).
I need to create three cells with dropdown lists for each subheader category based on the main dropdown list where the user chooses the Company.
Please note that Row 1 brings the headers, Row 2 the subheaders and Raws 3 and 4 the data collected.
I hope I was able to express my challenge well.
Thank you very much if you read this far.

Untitled.jpg

Oh sure I'm sorry I'm learning how to behavior here.
I'm so desperate for help on this matter that I've also posted this question in other forums here are the links:
Best answer so far is here thanks to @nardagus

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Just accept this error. When B6 is empty it can render such error, but once you chose a company DV will work. Unless there is an error in a formula :)

Upvote 0
Ok. This error is definitely not because of B6 was empty. There really seems to be an error in a formula, but I copied DV formula from my first post and it worked... Let me put my excel somewhere on Internet and I'll get back to you.

Upvote 0
OMG you're so awesome thank you so much for your help!!!!

Upvote 0
Here:

This is wetransfer

Upvote 0
Change the semi-colons to commas and it should then work.

Upvote 0
WOW it's beautiful and works perfectly! Thank you very very much God bless you I wish you a whole life of happiness haha!!

Upvote 0
WOW it's beautiful and works perfectly! Thank you very very much God bless you I wish you a whole life of happiness haha!!

Glad to help. :) Good luck with changing stuff to suit your needs :)

Cheers and thanks for feedback.

Upvote 0
Hello @nardagus and I'm sorry to bother you again. I can't express enough how thankful I am for all your help... I've been trying unsuccessfully to understand why the formulas of your 2nd solution (talking about the last file you sent) only returns data of up to 8 rows down the subheader... All data inserted from the 9th row down is not being returned. Any ideas?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lantern

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back