Difficult Multiplier Issue for Range of Cells

samsilverman

Board Regular
I have a worksheet where data from airflows are entered. There are times we need to multiply a reading by 10 or 15 percent for Back Pressure Compensation (BPC). Other than doing this in my head, manually, I'm not sure how to accomplish it so that it still looks pretty for the client's end report.

Details: Using excel 2007, 2010.

The worksheets in question have several pages we scroll through vertically. Each page represents a different room or area to be measured. In one particular WS data is entered in the C column. The first page has them in C14:C28, the second page has them in C56:C70, etc, etc.

What I would like to have the option of doing is this: I would like to pick a cell that is currently unused on each page in a worksheet and place a number in it (it could be a drop down option...as long as it doesn't show up on the printed report). The number would be 5, 10, 15, etc. Placing the number in that cell would automatically mutiply any number entered into the ranges mentioned above by 5% (for 5), 10% (for 10), 15% (for 15), etc. The default for that cell would be 0. In that case, the numbers input in the range would not be multiplied. The range is currently formatted to be bold, centered and round to a whole number. That must not change after the multiplier. I would need this multiplier option for each page in each worksheet to be independent of any other page or worksheet because different rooms have different grills and require a different BPC.

If I put 10 in cell D10, every value entered into C14:C28 would be increased by 10%.
If I put 15 in cell D52, every value entered into C56:C70 would be increased by 15%.
If I put nothing in cell D94, every value entered into C98:C112 would stay as input.

Thanks for any help!

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
I would approach this by entering the raw data in a range of cells that don't appear in the "visible to the client" range, then multiply those hidden numbers by the also-hidden BPC number in the C14:C28 range of cells.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpm23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back