Divide by Count in Pivot Table Calculated Field

KDavidP1987

Board Regular
Greetings,

I'm trying to expand upon my use of Pivot Tables, to generate a calculated field to replace a table that currently exists beside two pivot tables and calculates data off of them. Because this table doesn't rearrange itself alongside the two pivot table, which include row level categories, it causes problems where I have to manually reorganize it.

From what I understand Calculated Fields are limited in the scope of their formulas. So hopefully someone here can tell me if this is possible.

I need to to divide the count of incidents worked by agent to the count of incidents FCR (first contact resolution) eligible per agent. Shown as a percentile of course. Something like:
=COUNT(incidents worked) / COUNT(FCR Eligible)

Is this possible?

Currently each piece of this info, the counts of incidents worked and count of FCR eligible, are presented just fine in the two pivot tables. The value is Count of Incident and Count of FCR eligible in each.

If you're wondering why two pivot tables, it's because each one breaks the counts down by ticket submission type. (phone, email, web form). There are columns for each. It's unimportant, but just figured someone may ask why I have counts for matching data in separate pivot tables.​

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Unless you are using Power Pivot, no it isn't possible. A simple fix is to add two counter fields to the source data that return either 1 or 0 as appropriate. You can then SUM those fields as a count, and a calculated field will work with a SUM.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the great idea, it worked perfectly! I added a counter column that just had a 1 placed in it. This allowed me to sum them as if they were counted!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tungnmqn90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back