Do macros outside of an add-in interact with the add-in?

Bassie

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I made both a macro and an add-in which are totally different from eachother and have no connections whatsoever. When I run the macro without the add-in activated it runs within 5-7 seconds and when I run it with the add-in activated it can take up to 50 seconds even though its not calling the add-in at all.

- I have events, displayalerts, animations, screenupdating turned off and calculations to manual
- The macro has is fairly optimized and does not use any .select etc

Is there a way I can locate the problem here?

Kind Regards,
Bassie

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
What does the add in do?? Does have anything in it that could affect the excel recalculate time?? The other thing to look at is how much memory excel is taking with and without the addin.

Upvote 0
What does the add in do?? Does have anything in it that could affect the excel recalculate time?? The other thing to look at is how much memory excel is taking with and without the addin.
the add-in is a combination of a lot of productivity macros for day-to-day work, how could this affect the recalculation time? For memory its not using any more with or without the addin installed

Upvote 0
Does your add-in use any events?

Upvote 0
Does your add-in use any events?
it has an workbook_open and beforeclose event on the workbook and the add-in has a sheet that has a worksheet_activate and change event but I checked and non of them are ever called during the macro.

Upvote 0
Why do you have those events in an add-in where the sheets are hidden?

Upvote 0
one of the macros copies one of the hidden sheets to the activeworkbook, and that sheet needs some events to work properly

Upvote 0
So I removed that sheet with the change events in my add-in and now my macro runs fine again. Isnt this weird? Enable events are off and when i put a break in the change events it never gets called. Do you know what is going on?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mystic19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back